When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first renovation

-
Think you have a lot of mix-parts 0n what appears to be at least 1951 on bottom bracket where by 52 it moved serial number to the rear dropout. . Chain ring not Schwinn it's CWC, rims, goose neck or stem and brake made later. This would be by frame paint i.d. considered a DX and those fenders ya got aint on DX's. It would have S2 size rims and yours appear to be S7, ( double check near stamped in rim'' the inner tube stem,, which, S2 Balloon or S7; middleweight) IDK can't be sure. However S7 middle weight would, have both the fenders and rims by 1954- forward. That could include you stem and late 50's and up> seat. I.E. your bike and parts are bouncing around all over the place.. Chain guard is in the lowest group that a DX may be but also could be parts of newer pieces too in lowest selection. The rear carrier was also issued in mid 50's but maybe earlier. Regardless, it'll take a bunch returning every thing to pre 52 frame status B/C it seems somebody swapped newer parts onto your pre middle weight ballooner frame. and no name on chain guard put in another disadvantage I.D.-ing it. .
Here's the stamping on the rim. So this was made for Ball
IMG_2378.JPG
oon tires?

S7 rims? Get some of the new "small brick" tires in 26x2x1-3/4". Wider than original but will look nice on there. It looks like you have plenty of room under your fenders. You might want to take a half link or a link out of that chain (but you might want to do that anyway).

The four-hole chainring in 1/2" pitch like gkeep used is super common and looks almost like the 1" pitch chainring that would have been original, and will work with your back wheel. You might keep your eye out for one.

Keep us posted!

Back