When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my first Schwinn, bought new.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

panther boy

Finally riding a big boys bike
I bought this in the early 50's with money I saved from my paper route. I think I paid $46.00 for it.
I took it apart and hung it up in my parents' garage when I went to college, then took it down in the late 80's and restored it.
I still ride it.

schwinn-1.jpg

Cool Story!

Not many of us have our first new bike,wish I did. That's a beauty,I really like the straight bar Schwinns of tha era.I have a stripped down Hornet.Thanks for sharing.

Pat

first bike

there's more to the story---my REALLY first Schwinn was a Black Phantom--it was stolen from the front of the library less than 2 weeks after I bought it. I was waiting for a special basket to begin using it for the paper route. So I started saving again, and 3 mos later I got the Panther, took off the Rocket Ray and the Tank, and rode it that way until I took it apart.
BEAUTIFULGIRL-1.jpg

duck hunting

my dogs will go duck hunting anytime, anywhere, and with almost anyone. I am blessed to be a breeder of these magnificent animals.

buckintruck-1.jpg

I breed labs for years and had some outstanding animals. Dixie was my pride and joy. She was the granddaughter to Sunnybrook Acres Ace of Spades and I think he was out of Canada. I know at one time he was a US, Canadian, and Bahamian champion. I never showed my dogs just hunted them. I am currently out of the dog business but still an avid duck hunter. Maybe I could get another lab and train it to seek out some old bikes. It does not look like I am having any luck lately.

Panther Boy, you must also be a duck hunter. Very cool bike.

Back