When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First TEMPO...1984...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Just came home with it a little while ago. Another Craigslist find, about 20 miles from me. Original owner was the guys father, and the bike appears to have been taken care of. This will be one of the easier detailings I've done in a while. Tires are in great shape. I took it for a quick spin just now and it shifts like butter. Worth the $100 I paid for it, IMHO.

All the hookups are there for a Computer, but he didn't have it and didn't know where it was. I have one, but I'm not sure if I'll hook it up anyway. It will need new tape, but right now that appears to be pretty much it.

Enjoy the photos! 😃

IMG_2162.jpeg

IMG_2163.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

IMG_2179.jpeg

IMG_2180.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpeg

IMG_2182.jpeg

IMG_2183.jpeg

What polish do you use on the paint Harpo? You always do such a fantastic job on the detailing.

@bikerbluz I use Meguiar's Ultimate Polish and then Gliptone Carnuba Wax. BUT...I first use Turtle Wax Rubbing Compound (if needed) and then Turtle Wax Polishing Compound.

I'm surprised to see that it was made in Japan. I would have expected Greenville.
I think by '86 that model was being made in the Greenville plant.

...a few more...and BTW, I added a water bottle holder and a Cateye Astrale I had. 🙂

IMG_2218.jpg

IMG_2213.jpg

IMG_2214.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

Back