When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First TEMPO...1984...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Nice, like just about everything coming out of Japan at the time. It's interesting--Schwinn sold this as race/street bike so the fact that, in 1984, it came with 27" wheels was a little bit behind the times (1985 on were 700c), Across the industry, by 1984, 27s had been largely relegated to touring models. 27" rims drilled for Presta are also a little bit of an oddity-certainly seen them though. With the exception of the Mavic Module E, The Araya rims of this era were the best I ever raced/trained on--tough. I'm sure that you wish to keep it original, but I hereby give you permission(if not demand) to remove the Schwinn-only, anti-lawsuit devices that hold the axle to the fork. Back in the day, anyone who wanted to ride in a weekend triathlon or just look sporty would have tossed those right away.

Back