When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first vintage?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bmack

Look Ma, No Hands!
Got this today guessing possibly a western flyer cause that's what the handle grips say but could be wrong. Can anyone ID and date this for me please.
20180422_135344.jpg
20180422_135458.jpg
20180422_135431.jpg
20180422_135344.jpg

20180422_162009.jpg
This was under the paint on the headbadge looks like a R to me.worth saving or something I could customize turn into a boy bike?

View attachment 793424 This was under the paint on the headbadge looks like a R to me.worth saving or something I could customize turn into a boy bike?
Personally I wouldn't spend any time or money on this unless it is just to learn and have fun. Other than that there is no return on investment here. V/r Shawn

Not in it for the money just for enjoyment just really wanted something with a vintage look. Figure if I turn it into a men's bike would be more of what I want till find something else.

Great bike to learn on. Getting your bike in good working order consists of taking it completely apart, inspecting pieces for wear and/or rust, lubing all bearings, oiling chain etc. This site is a great place to find out how to do all that and more. While the parts are off the bike, you may want to further your experience by stripping off what appears to be a light coat of paint covering the original paint. Plenty of tips here too to make that bike shine, if you want to put the effort into it. For this job, I'd start with 0000 steel wool and WD 40 and gently try to rub away the surface paint. Go around the pinstriping with an extremely soft touch. Once those stripes are gone, they're gone forever! Some might start with industrial strength Goof-Off and a rag, proceed with caution. I personally don't like the fumes and toxicity. Either you'll love the results that you see with original paint starting to show through, and continue your labor intensive effort, or you'll give up in total disgust, throw your bike against the wall, and stomp it 'til it's dead.

Last edited:
Back