When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My gorgeous new to me panther 3 !!

-
image_zpsb37d6f34-1.jpg

image_zps2522ba9a-1.jpg

image_zpsc3169a45-1.jpg

$$$-I'm using dawn mixed with simple green and a brass brush

Great ! Personally, I would prefer this over one that has been re-chromed,
repainted or made like new.

At the rate it is cleaning up - I'm very optimistic at this point that I will be able to clean him up without the acid bath thing , but I have it just in case , LOL

The handlebars are simply too roached out - no chrome left , when I trend to brush them it all was flaking off , may replace if I can find these exact bars

It's looking great.i use the oxalic acid method most because my hands are a bit crippled and it's a lot easier for me.the method you're using seems to work nicely.
Can't wait to see the finished product.

The method I am using is indeed hard on the hands as the brush is small , it is going slowly due to the small brush as well , but it's not a race so..........

Happy new year everyone !! I spent mine with a bottle of captain Morgans private stock and a bucket and stuff working on this schwinn !! I managed to get the grips off without shredding them - they have a wf on them , any help on these ? Could be western flyer grips ?? Would love to track down a new pair

image_zps241fd0bd-1.jpg

image_zps7b96763f-1.jpg

- how he looks as I call it quits fir tonite -
image_zps7ae27c6d-1.jpg

Last edited:
That is amazing how well that is cleaning up! Is that from the Columbus CL? Those are Western Flyer grips. Yours would originally had white Schwinn chubby grips. They are very easy to find.

Yes It was a craigslist score - here is the sellers original add photo

imagejpg1_zpseb2c77b3-1.jpg

thanks for the confirmation on the grips - I am amazed myself at how the cleanup is going as well , didn't expect these kind of results

Last edited:
Back