When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My gorgeous new to me panther 3 !!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have a couple extra sets of S7's, but yeah, nice ones aren't cheap! Sell them just about as fast as I get them cleaned up!

Darcie

All elbow grease - no acid - this May be the best it's gonna clean up - gonna move on to the rebuild/re-pack and part replacement portion of the show

imagejpg1_zps8884b997-1.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsc3d24ac7-1.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsdff59143-1.jpg

imagejpg3_zps07a23526-1.jpg

Last edited:
All the chrome is left badly pitted - advice ? Just polish what I can ? Clear coat it ? ???

I tried that on a few bikes - it did work , but on this one brass brushes and simple green mixed with dawn were required - as was 0000 steel wool - the rust "crust" was extensive , so cutting thru it took more serious measures - now that it's gone I'm looking for ways to prevent its return where the plating is gone

anyone know the bearing sizes, ect for this bike ? is there a parts list or chart somewhere ?

bearing sizes are the same...

I have to say huge congratulations on the time and effort spent to bring this back. Wow!
Pop a bearing out of the cage it's in and take it to a good bike shop and they should have new balls in the different sizes needed. Get a bunch of each size as they are common to a lot of bikes. Clean the cages and replace balls with new. Once you feel the difference you will always do this. Check Race surfaces too while you have it apart as they can get a "groove" worn into them and once that starts it will get worse quickly. Repack with fresh grease and ride.
I hope you are still having fun with it.... The results you have had so far are much better than I expected. Good Job!
anyone know the bearing sizes, ect for this bike ? is there a parts list or chart somewhere ?

So I can replace the bearings IN the cage ? Do they pry out of the cages ? I've always just compared numbers and sizes and replaced the cage and all - or I've greased the cups up and placed loose bearings - I GREATLY appreciate the compliment on the cleanup - this will be a keeper for me , love the way it looks , but gonna replace the seat with a wider springer seat I think

Back