When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Grandfather's Bicycle parts collection

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
550 OBO
Zipcode

Bikegirl

'Lil Knee Scuffer
My Grandfather passed on last month at the age of 93, the last 15 years or so of his life he enjoyed fixing and trying to fix older bikes to be in rideable condition again however now that he has passed I have no need for or desire for the parts he amassed their are like a billion wheels (okay so 50+ I haven't counted) a bucket of pedals, another bucket of seat posts various forks and other odds and ends break hardware derailers and the like the pictures will give you an idea this is a lot of parts and even a few half fixed bikes and some frames as well all of it all the bike parts and accessories (the pictures will show tool boxes and tools not included I'm selling those separately after my cousin goes threw them to see what he can use.) Asking $550 and im located in North Central Missouri I'll give an exact address to those who are really interested in possibly buying the whole collection of bike stuff. The frames shown are usually in good shape he just couldn't see to fix them any longer if they had multiple speeds and thus stripped off everything he could and when I say this is a collection this is 15 years worth of odds and ends bits and pieces of bikes as well as wheels tires seatposts pedals etc. The bike shown (copper) in the back of the garage has older rear drum breaks he took apart as they weren't working the pieces are in a metal tool box bear by he couldn't get it back together the front is I believe a spoon break it's included as are all bikes and scooter pictured

Last edited:
Sorry your grandpa has passed away. It is always sad to hear about this, but of course it is the way of all lives. 93 is a remarkable age and it gives me a warm feeling that he apparently was able to enjoy his hobby until the end. As the others said, the photos show no high value collectible bikes, so money wise this might be disappointing for you. I suppose you should try to appreciate these leftovers from your grandpa as something that he was enjoying and, as last option if Craigslist won't work, donate them to a charity- throwing it away would be sad. Or, you yourself get into the hobby, that would be the best option- The Cabe is welcoming you :)

When he was here we got $10 per tire tube wheel combo, $15 rear $5 per plain front wheel and $7 for a five sprocket rear wheel and $10 for a 6 sprocket rear wheel...so when you take into account the sheer volume of wheels alone well it's quantity over quality. I live in a small town of 5,000 aprox Walmart is in the next town over here we're grateful to have dollar general.. and one town over to the south is an even smaller town an old order Amish community, so Grampa geeze it's hard to think of him as gone was the guy you came too if you needed pieces or parts for your bike anyway thanks.

Back