When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Green Speed King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ADVHOG

Finally riding a big boys bike
This is the story of my 1936 CWC Speed King.

I don't know what happened in the first 80 years of its life, but I received it looking like this...

full.jpg

Someone touched up the original green paint and it had one nicely patina'd wheel.

I worked on the frame and fenders with paint thinner and got a lot of the modern paint off.

I had acquired a front drop center wheel and did a paint match patina. I didn't like the Xmas look of the red front fork, so it went and I added the horrible springer fork... I threw a bunch of parts from the bins at it and this is what stuck...

full.jpg

The springer fork made it too weird for me to ride anymore and it left the garage to stay in the "finished" bike room.

With much help and advice from my friend Nate, @Krakatoa I set out to make this bike more correct.

It now sports a correct fork and chainring and a few other nice things... I still need to remove a little modern green paint, but it's close now.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

Great job Chris!

Looking better all the time! I bet your going fall in love with the way it rides now!

Happy for ya bro!

N:D

Back