When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My heart is broken. RIP Mikey.

-

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
It is very tough to write through the tears at this moment. My oldest, dearest friend Mike Leebolt, you know him as TR6SC, passed yesterday from melanoma. I got the text just now. I'm still in shock and processing.

Mike Leebolt was much more than a friend to me, he was my brother for over 40 years. I know many of you met him over the years so you know what an incredible guy he was. I still can't believe it, I've been robbed.

Smile as often as you can, and be happy. Life is short. RIP Miguelito. I was lucky to know you for so many great years.

Justin Pinchot
Balloonatic O-O

No!!!!! OMG....what??? I haven't spoken to him for a bit, but I had no idea. I'm so glad I was able to ride alongside him, chat here on the Cabe and over too many beers on a few occasions. We even got in trouble for ducking out on everyone to down a few at the Marin ride. Rest easy my friend...Cheers.

Last edited:
thanks for posting those pix fordmike and tryder... I still can't believe it. I'm in total shock. Just one of my very favorite people for over 40 years, more a brother to me than my own family. I'm seriously gonna miss that f-er... I'm nauseous thinking he's gone. So many, so many great memories... this one really hurts. I was sure we had so many more years with him.

Back