When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My heart is broken. RIP Mikey.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Well Mike, you were always looking down on us during our rides and now you really are, Rest In Peace my brother & ride on!

Thanks for all the nice comments and photos... He was one of a kind. So many, SO MANY great stories... when we can all gather again we should do a ride and a few beers in his honor. Mike was more of a brother to me than my own, I was so lucky to know him all these years. I can't think of many people who brightened and contributed to my life more than Mike Leebolt. I'm so heartbroken. If you ever met Mike you know what I'm talking about. One of the funniest, kindest, most helpful people you ever want to meet. Beyond talented, and beyond humble, and just a joy to be around. There's never more laughing than when you're hangin with Mikey.

In the middle of my Twin Bar build, Mike messaged me & said he'd be coming thru town on his way home and wanted to stop by and say Hi. Never met him or talked to him before other than a few little convos on here... When he arrived, and my dog didn't even think about barking at him (like it does everyone else) I knew he was a special person. I had just finished painting my fenders, for the last time, and handed one to him to look at. He held it as if it was his newborn child... We sat and talked for 4 1/2 hrs... I will say this, he was one of the most interesting men I have ever met... He took a liking to my doggo, and when I messaged him a thank you, he sent this pic back....

I talked with quite often after that, most of it not about bikes....he loved his furniture collection...
He sent a message after Christmas, and I called just to say Hi. I told him when it warmed up, I'd get up there for a ride with him..

I am truly heart broken over this....
We lost one of the good guys......

I read this standing in line waiting to get in the grocery store. He gave ms a liftime of memories in the short time i knew him, he and Ruthie, And his ex Beth who lives close to them. amazingly kind a giving people that you don't meet everyday. I have to add that there are many people alive because of mike. He worked on a heart surgery team, he ran the machinery that keeps your blood oxygenated, warm and flowing during open heart surgery.

mike has stayed with us the last two years for the rolling relics sf ride. And a coupe otherd times when he passed through the bay area. I'm devastated by this, my wife and kids as well. He and Ruthie were surrogate parents for my daughter going to humblot state. She had numerous taco dinners with them hed pick her up in his new red Porsche. dont know how I'll tell them...
When Abbies room mate got a late flight home after Christmas break Mike volunterred to pick her up at the Eureka airport and drop her up at the dorms. he had never met her but he has a daughter the same age. 68 years old with the zest for life of an 8 year old and the wisdom and life skills of an 800 year old.

Mikes last text to me exactly 4 weeks ago...
"Did I ever tell you about growing up in a cloth diaper laundry? "

Yup, we had some hilarious talks over beers about our childhoods and crazy things we've done for jobs. so many stories...

Here are some photos now that I'm home not the computer. And here he is on the GG bridge with a couple likely suspects in 2018!

Mike and our daughter on the fantastic Rolling Relics Marin Mountain Bike Museum ride last summer.

In 2019 he brought one of his 4 hi wheelers, 1885. He gave all the kids not the block and change to ride at our weekly Friday night Happy Hour. Later Evelyn, on the bike said "this was the best happy hour ever!! And it was.

Then Mike turned the bike over to my neighbor Brad so he could go back and talk to my next door neighbor Bob. Mike and Bob went to Jr High together in San Francisco and as they talked found out Mike best buddies in Jr High became Bobs best buddies. Mikes family moved from SF to San Diego between Jr High and High School.

Last edited:
Back