When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My lightly restored Schwinn typhoon... (thanks thecabe.com)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
D

Dvotion

I posted a few weeks ago about a schwinn that had been my grandmother's and aunts' bike in the family since new. It was a little rough on the edges, but here is the before...

photoJPG-1.jpg

After a little tlc...

schwinn-1.jpg

schwinn-2.jpg

schwinn-3.jpg

schwinn-4.jpg

schwinn-5.jpg

schwinn-6.jpg

schwinn-7.jpg

schwinn-8.jpg

Just polished everything I could...

I added a new bell, cork grips, new repro schwinn typhoon whitewalls, a brooks saddle, and an original chain guard that was unpainted. I need to restore the basket it had still, but I think that will take a while. I just put my girl on it today and we road to watch fireworks. Looking forward to this bike being in the family for quite some time.

-Grant

Congratulations you did a great job and made the right decision on keeping it as original as possible. Very Nice!

Where'd you get those tires? It's almost identical to my girlfriends BF Goodrich Schwinn, but hers just has ugly blackwall knobby tires on it.
Lookin' good!

The tires are from eBay. Search schwinn typhoon tires.

Thanks for the compliments all.

I'll check out the bay for some! Just noticed you had white grips on it originally, still have any use for them? I'd be interested in them if you wanted to sell them. Let me know!!

I don't think it is a Typhoon, Skip tooth?? I looks to be a Hollywood, or a Standard Model. Looks good.

Mitch

Back