When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mead Ranger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Just Jeff

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A week ago a friend contacted me about a bike he found at the transfer site he works at (read : the dump)
He sent me one pic, and I knew that I wanted it. That week was a long wait until I could pick it up from him.
This will not be a restoration, but rather a good cleaning and then preservation of the bike. Luckily it has most of its original parts present. But it’s lived a rough life, especially to end up at the dump.
this pic is the one my friend sent me

Monday I brought it to work with me to tinker with it during my down time. Got it disassembled. Surprisingly nothing broke while taking it apart.

First step was to straighten the fenders. The rear had a bad bend/dent at the back duck tail area. Got that mostly straight. And then knocked a few small dents out of the front fender. Then I had to clean a small area just to see if the paint would come back

Had time to clean up the stem and rear wheel today. Hardest part was not cross lacing the spokes. Just feels wrong to not lace them under/over, but that’s how the wheel was so it goes back the same way

And that’s it for now. Getting busy at work again. And I want to try the OA bath on the painted parts. The pinstripes are pretty delicate and all most likely rub through them if I have to sand/buff/polish. But I really want to see it without the rust stains, so we will see.
I also need to find a matching front wheel assembly. The one that was on the bike is a Schwinn script front hub laced into an S2. And that’s definitely wrong for this Ranger.

Back