When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new 1983 Schwinn Cruiser

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Excellent!!
thank you for posting your 83 xlobsterman, looks like the same rims and hubs I have on mine with the thinner gauge spokes

Excellent!!
thank you for posting your 83 xlobsterman, looks like the same rims and hubs I have on mine with the thinner gauge spokes

Yes, there were a few changes in early 83 over the bikes made in previous years 80 to 82. One was the .80ga spokes, different hubs F&R, stickers instead of decals on the frame, and the tube forks!

Excellent!!

BTW, notice how close our serial numbers are to each other.......................:sunglasses:

Reactions: hm.
schwinn side 111.jpg

BTW, notice how close our serial numbers are to each other.......................:sunglasses:
:cool: yes they sure are close!
KT500016 and KT500206

schwinn side 110.jpg

headbadge number of 1683 might be july 7th of 83?

Last edited:
Note the top tube "Schwinn" decal between the two. o_O
Good catch! I hadn't noticed that one. And I believe I can see knurling on the rims of @Xlobsterman 's bike, which the late S-2 rims always had. Maybe it's the light or the angle or weak knurling, but I can't see anything on @hm. 's rims. Schwinn was winding down in Chicago, it makes me wonder if they had already run out of S-2's by that time. And if it's not too much trouble, what are the serial and head badge numbers on the "sad lady"? From the picture, she looks like a Schmurray.

Back