When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New '76 Continental :-)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jnewkirk77

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was warned ... and sure enough, it's true: Schwinns do multiply.

Meet my "new" '76 Continental.

20160217_144140.jpg

I've not yet begun to clean it up, but it appears to be all there, and everything works. In talking to the seller, I learned that he bought it four years ago and rode it to and from his home to the University of Louisville, where he recently graduated. After he and his fiancee moved to the east end of town, he put it aside and, now that they're moving, decided to part with it.

I'm planning to clean it up and touch up some of the worst rusty spots, as well as change tires. I'm also 99% sure I'm going to convert it to tourist bars. I think that will make for a much more friendly (at least for my back!) commuter bike.

Nice! Sierra Mist is on my hit-list. Dig thr chrome fork.

Thanks! I really lucked into this one. It just happened that my wife and I were heading to Louisville on Tuesday and this bike was on CL. The seller was really nice and it made him happy to send it to a good home. I'm going to enjoy it!

Thanks! I really lucked into this one. It just happened that my wife and I were heading to Louisville on Tuesday and this bike was on CL. The seller was really nice and it made him happy to send it to a good home. I'm going to enjoy it!
Always cool when someone can appreciate who they're selling their stuff too. I have a few bikes that once I told the owners what my plans for the bike were, they were glad they were selling it to me.

Always cool when someone can appreciate who they're selling their stuff too. I have a few bikes that once I told the owners what my plans for the bike were, they were glad they were selling it to me.

I liked this guy right away - as I did the guy who I bought my Racer from. I promised to send pics once I get it dolled up and start riding it to work. :)

Back