When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new bike!American Flyer D.P. Harris

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ScottF.

On Training Wheels
Edit: this is a duplicate post. Please see the other post with identical title to comment.

I know little about old bikes but this one looked cool and seemed like it would be easy to get riding. I don’t know year, or what is correct/incorrect about this bike so any info and input is appreciated. The number under the bottom bracket is VERY hard to read. Pics posted!
Thanks!
Scott

40C8C323-D0A7-4DEE-BA62-2446A65273A5.jpeg

6EC21EF5-524C-480A-987D-8B0231545508.jpeg

0793C77F-C993-4543-8BE3-F45BF9CB0533.jpeg

A1D59FD5-ECD1-4FC5-9DEB-711D3C868278.jpeg

Last edited:
The "85EH" date-place code may also reflect a build at the Excelsior plant in Michigan City, perhaps for a middle-west retail hardware store.
With the white rims, perhaps black side walls on tires might look good, 26 x 1.75 middle weight (or 47-559 metric).
In the balloon size, black with red walls is also available; there are also economical red middleweight tires(?); or BXM (knobby) gum-walls in black and red.
Looks like original black-wall tires; as well as everything else, (originality-wise).
(other thread)

Last edited:
Back