When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new bike!American Flyer D.P. Harris

-

ScottF.

On Training Wheels
I know little about old bikes but this one looked cool and seemed like it would be easy to get riding. I don’t know year, or what is correct/incorrect about this bike so any info and input is appreciated. The number under the bottom bracket is VERY hard to read. Pics posted!
Thanks!
Scott

Oops! Try again on the photos.

17BC4C67-89DA-479B-8F28-98F51B0E503C.jpeg

AD31A5B3-5BC9-4BE5-B93D-C18EAF681102.jpeg

332B2A0F-4D59-4D2C-95D1-835D425989E5.jpeg

14B2A6A7-90A5-4566-8898-70B714217D2B.jpeg

Awesome find! My eye is always attracted to the D.P. Harris line. They look so cool, and welcome to the Cabe.

Barry

Thanks! The cans were plucked from the same place as the bike. Along with a NOS box set of guide back up lights for a 50-52 Chevy car. Awesome evening.

It was suggested on my accidental, duplicate threat that this is a 1958 based on the serial number. With that info, can anyone tell me what style tires would have been original? Not the brand but just what look. For example we’re they whitewalls or black walls etc.
Knowing the year hasn’t been much help in the way of providing any photos when searching google.
Thanks,
Scott

Have a nice day & stay safe*!* looking at the photos and the wheels looks like a middleweight bike(Dp H/ Rollfast) you can verify the tire must tell you the size should be 26x1-3/4 USA or 26x1.75 those bikes generally use black wall tires,but if do you like them white/red or any color to match your likes it's up to you*!* you can clean, change tire & tubes also performs a maintenance and use as rider! In the future if do you buy others vintage bikes you choose the daily riders or show restoration projects*!* welcome and enjoy the ride*!*

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I gave it a quick wash tonight. Straightened the brace for the rear rack. Tried to even out the trusses but am struggling with that. Took it to a guy in town who does repairs on bikes and he is putting a set of black wall tires on tomorrow. He thinks he has a like new set of bars for this bike. Would be nice if they are close. So in the meantime, just messing around, I flipped the bars over for a sleeker look. I am a hot rodder, not a restorer afterall.
Scott

image.jpg

Back