When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new favorite chrome polish, whats is yours?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Favorite Chrome Polish

I don't know what Flitz has in it, but it still removes some material be it from dissolving or abrasion. I think it has some rust dissolving properties and leaves a protectant film behind (from what I've read about it). So far I like it a lot!
I got a big tube of Flitz this summer and I love it.

On old bike paint try Blue Magic Metal Polish

It is made for other problems but ti takes off all black marks and leaves a shine. It shouldn't work but it does and so does Mothers brand of metal polish.

Semichrome polish also works very well on plastics and celluloid. It removes many of the scratches and leaves a nice clear shine.
It works great on plastic bike reflectors, etc. and I have also used it on bicycle speedometers to remove most of the scratches and some of the cloudiness. Of course it works great on polishing up metal also!

I guess a person has to have a variety of products for different operations around the shop. If something doesn't work, you know another product will....:)

Last edited:
I've used Noxon for years, now- I swear by the stuff. Seems to be getting scarce though, so last time I bought any, I bought a half dozen or so cans of it...

Attachments

• IMG_2712.jpg
    IMG_2712.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 160
If you have Rust, It is there. It is never really removed. It has pits or actual holes in the chrome. We just knock off the high points.
When I get a bike with some rust. I use Wet Steel Wool. The water seems to lubricate between the rust and leaves no visible scratches. Then I go over it with a protectant like a wax.
Sometimes I like the rust look, It is not reasonable for me to think I can actually get it back to shine properly. So I just knock off the flakes and leave it that way. Just as long as it does not come off in my hands.
But this is for an unrestored rider. Some bikes look good with an old, always lived outside look.

Back