When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New J.C. Higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's a picture of the one I passed on. Maybe I will regret it. I would love to have just the tank for mine! View attachment 55526

This bike didn't have a bezel like this one shown below, did it?

And I now see the post BP....sorry about that. But...I was right if anyone knew the dates on these murrays it was you.

hey when am I ever going to get a copy of the master serial number list? That way I can help releive the pressure of the looking up for those that dont have your guru knowledge.

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm already questioning the paint job and the fact that the chrome is painted silver. It does come off, but I think the chrome was lightly scuffed before it was painted.

The colors are correct. The chrome was probably painted over by someone with silver paint after it weathered off or was scratched. There's only one product out there that will duplicate chrome and can be applied by the home restorer, but nobody knows about it so you see silver or chrome paint being used as a poor substitute for the original plastic chromed finish.

I've always liked FlightLiners

I would do a total redo, repaint in some custom contrasting colors, drum brake up front, LED those front lights, 3 speed rear coaster and rechrome any chrome metal or plastic pieces.
I would make that totally mine, unlike any other.

I would do a total redo, repaint in some custom contrasting colors, drum brake up front, LED those front lights, 3 speed rear coaster and rechrome any chrome metal or plastic pieces.
I would make that totally mine, unlike any other.

I like some of your ideas. The more I look at the bike I am really sure it's been repainted. I was thinking about a color I once saw on a 1957 Buick. I call it sandstone, for lack of a better title, with cream tank. Trouble is, i am new enough to this that I don't know what I'm looking for. i like the three speed coaster idea. What am I looking for? I like the LED lights, but where? Thanks,Scott

Well Wrongway

Color combos are subjective, but two-tone it the same as the factory did using a color you prefer. A Candy Tangerine replacing the red,
with a contrasting satin silver white Pearl to replace the white would be me, but think 60's style paint - Lime Gold, Candy Grape or Rootbeer colors, contrasting with silvers, satins and creams.
50's style colors would work too but they can be trickey when combining contrasting colors.

3-speed hubs with coaster type brakes are made brand new by Sturmey Archer and others, you just got to lace them up or have your bike shop do it.

LED'S work great on our old tanklight bikes, easist way is to remove present bulbs and reflectors, go to your local store and find LED flashlights the right diameter, ( you did bring the orginal reflectors with you - right? pull the reflectors -bulbs out of the LED flashlights affix to a plastic plate with silicone to fit in the tank behind the original lenses -( can you solder? because you'll probably have to) - use proper voltage battery tray for your new lights or use the battery holders out of the flashlights. Believe me, at nite it will light up a 30 ft path in front of you.
For rear LED, go get any flashing/steady red light at any bike accessories and fashion a rear light usiing you existing holes in the rear carrier.

I will be putting together a middleweight tanklight bike using updated accessories and multible gearing with front drum brake for easy stopping power, I will keep the color the same though because it has some cool factory applied pin striping that I wouldn't want to spoil.
I'll post pics as I go along, but it will be a while before I get to it because I am motorizing an old JC Higgins right now.

Oh, and unless you weigh 135 lbs or under, replace seat with something more suitable for your weight.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice the springer front end on the one he passed on? The bike looks good to me and I think it's worth the $80 asking price. You should buy it.

The W/F Sabre Flyer is in route to join the herd. And yes the springer and fenders are what turned me on....ahhhhh....cant wait to get it and put it back on the road or boadwalk actually.
Thanks again wrongway, for the lead.
$85 was a great price!!!!

I still have the first one to finish repainting too. It is missing the fenders and springer. Hence the reason I needed this additional one.
These two have been the only ones Ive ever found.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
It was all I could do to keep myself from riding it around the block! That bike is a Cadillac for sure! :D

Back