When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new old Cycle Truck.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TWDay

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dad disassembled this bike that he bought as part of a lot at an auction about 40 years ago. He was preparing to restore it. However other things took precedence and he never got around to it. Now Dad and Mom have passed and I am in the process of settling the estate. This is how I found it in the shed. I found all the parts to it as I cleaned out the sheds.

Now I am preparing to restore the bike myself. Unfortunately who ever the previous owner was painted it battleship gray, as you can see in the photo. As a matter of fact I believe the previous owner may have been the U.S. Navy and it was messenger bike in the very shipyard where my Dad worked and retired from and it was a government auction that my Dad went to and picked it up along with the other stuff in the lot he bought.

So, I have sent it out here locally in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia to have it sandblasted and lightly primed to protect it until I get back to Houston, TX to really begin the restoration. Some parts were not sand blasted, such as the crank and chain ring and the bearing cups. I am looking forward to getting back to Texas but it will probably be about three months before we get back. Hopefully I'll have it completed by the end of September. Looking forward to riding it.

Well, I can't load up the photo as it says it is too big. Oh well maybe I'll figure it out and post it later.

Back