When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Schwinn Autocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rust_Trader

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Thanks to the CABE i came across this autocycle on this thread

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?12957-The-Award-for-Best-Craigslist-Picture-goes-to....

After a few weeks talking to the owner i finally made a decent deal and it finally arrive today from Indiana.

The frame i believe was repainted i rubbed some compound and a shinny maroon paint came out but no pinstriping designs so i assume this bike was all repainted????

serial number starts with Z i taken a picture if anyone can help me give me an idea of the year, the fork is not a locking fork.

The adjustable neck is all metal, the handlebars have 4 holes i assume its for the wiring of the cross speedo button cables.

Original fender bomb ornament

Fenders dont have flat braces??? rear fender has a schwinn scripted reflector.

Front center drop wheel has a New Deaprture Front brake, back wheel has a new departure model D coster brake, also the axle has a spring at the end??> is it a 2 speed new departure hub brake??? If so does any one have the rest of the parts for sale? i included a picture of what im trying to describe.

Pogo Seat is all there without the leather

Jewel tank has both reflectors that are schwinn scripted one is cracked, the inside side of the jewel has some writting on it pat pending numbers i would imagen??

Seiss lights with bracket one is missing a lense If anyone has ONE for sale i would be interested in buying it please let me know.

So this is what I got, I hope it's an autocycle but at least it has all the cool original parts of one.

Last edited:
pictures

here are some pictures
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 5.jpg

more pictures

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 1.jpg

That little cup thing is a combination lock it looks that it has a chain inside but i couldnt open it, PLEASE can the original owner PM me the combination. Thanks :p

I also need the right pedals, so what on this? I added some AS pedals but it came with some Wald metal pedals.

Also does anyone have the clamps to hang the tank? I would be interested on a set of originals.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
I'm not experienced enough with the prewar Schwinns to say with confidence, but you got what looks to me like a really nice bike there. Please show us more as you get it all put together!

I have to clean it up and get a lense and the clamps for the tank to put it all together and I will take more pictures thanks I think this looks super cool.

Hey Dave I found one :) and I only paid 32.5% of his asking price for it I think it was a good deal :0.

I finally have an original fender bomb ornament lol that's what excited me the most.

Back