When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Schwinn Autocycle

-
you posted to my goodrich motorbike thread. you were waiting for your autocycle said what you paid for it. looking at the first few pics thought the bike was pretty rough. then saw pics of the tank, great tank. you did well really well. these motorbikes are bringing some killer money now. almost everything is down from 4 or 5 years ago but these bikes are bringing more. buff it out put it together and you have one of the more desireable bikes in the hobby. congrats show some more pics when together

you posted to my goodrich motorbike thread. you were waiting for your autocycle said what you paid for it. looking at the first few pics thought the bike was pretty rough. then saw pics of the tank, great tank. you did well really well. these motorbikes are bringing some killer money now. almost everything is down from 4 or 5 years ago but these bikes are bringing more. buff it out put it together and you have one of the more desireable bikes in the hobby. congrats show some more pics when together

Your motorbike is sweet, I got a thing about bicycles that they have to be original paint in order for me to keep lol, but an exception has been made in this autocycle. The tank is nice dent free but the bottom has some rust holes but for $1300 i can't complain it still looks good, it has a nice switch, and nice horn unit inside, the door shuts nice and everything is pretty straight. What motivated me to buy it was the fender bomb ornament I would have paid $1000 for one alone. So I'm happy With my new bike purchase.

Congrats on your bike! Great little Autocycle. We went to look at the bike a while back...but the guy (at the time) was pretty firm on his price. I love the patina on the tank....even with the condition of the bottom. That bike had a small brake on the front....! Love that too. Again...congrats and a great price!!!!

Congrats on your bike! Great little Autocycle. We went to look at the bike a while back...but the guy (at the time) was pretty firm on his price. I love the patina on the tank....even with the condition of the bottom. That bike had a small brake on the front....! Love that too. Again...congrats and a great price!!!!

Thanks,

The old owner did tell me a lot of people were interested but no serious buyers, I bugged him for 2 weeks to sell it to me because he didn't want to get paid thru paypal till he said a postal money order was good.

Did you ever sell your autocycle tanks?

Thanks,

The old owner did tell me a lot of people were interested but no serious buyers, I bugged him for 2 weeks to sell it to me because he didn't want to get paid thru paypal till he said a postal money order was good.

Did you ever sell your autocycle tanks?

I still have them both. I found another Autocycle project a while back and was going to use one of them on it...but come to find out....it takes a bucket or two of money to gather all the parts for these Autocycles. Then I thought I would restore them both....then talked myself right out of that. Now I have them on a shelf....hoping to come across a project that might need them so they can be left original....but don't know.

When I went to look at your bike....I loved the tank...and the fender bomb. The good part about your tank is the patina......the rougher part is underneath...it doesn't mess with the hinges to the door and graphic. I could tell there was a color close to maroon under the top layer of pinkish paint.....and I was trying to figure out if that was the original color or not. Again....I thought it was a real nice bike....especially with all the parts. I think it is a great score!

Last edited:
Your lock shows up in the 38/39 sears catalog. I've only ever seen one before and it was on a Elgin I had for a while. If it helps the combo is 3 digits and I believe R. L. R. Might be worth playing with if you get real bored.
SH104364-1.jpg

I still have them both. I found another Autocycle project a while back and was going to use one of them on it...but come to find out....it takes a bucket or two of money to gather all the parts for these Autocycles. Then I thought I would restore them both....then talk myself right out of that. Now I have them on a shelf....hoping to come across a project that might need them....but don't know.

When I went to look at your bike....I loved the tank...and the fender bomb. The good part about your tank is the patina......the rougher part is underneath...it doesn't mess with the hinges to the door and graphic. I could tell there was a color close to maroon under the top layer of pinkish paint.....and I was trying to figure out if that was the original color or not. Again....I thought it was a real nice bike....especially with all the parts. I think it is a great score!

Yeah there's a maroon color underneath that pink faded layer, I thought it was a great score too. I love that fenderornament.

Your tanks are nice specially the one that has no rust, parts seem to be hard to pop up and when they do it's hard to get a good deal on them.

Thanks

Your lock shows up in the 38/39 sears catalog. I've only ever seen one before and it was on a Elgin I had for a while. If it helps the combo is 3 digits and I believe R. L. R. Might be worth playing with if you get real bored.
SH104364-1.jpg

That's sweet pretty cool thanks for the info, I'll sure play around with it I might get lucky and open it.

Thanks again
Santi

Back