When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

louisr

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hoping to learn what year and model this bike might be. Can't find a serial number anywhere but the paint is very thick. Rear hub is Bendix, marked '36-13'. Front hub has Schwinn script logo.
thanks for the assistance!

IMG_1705.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1708.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

Post war, break out the sand paper, if the #'s aren't on the bb ( under all that paint ) its on the left rear axle dropout, looks like a 50's Bendex, aftermarket fenders, guard & seat

Post war, break out the sand paper, if the #'s aren't on the bb ( under all that paint ) its on the left rear axle dropout, looks like a 50's Bendex, aftermarket fenders, guard & seat
Thank you very much.
I agree that the chain guard is aftermarket, but what leads you to believe the fenders are not original?

Found it… C21253
5/22 - 5/29 of 1952.

this must be one of the last bikes with a 1” pitch chain, unless that was swapped out as well.

thanks for the kind assistance !

3EF3F639-7AA6-497E-954F-D0354D3DB0EE.jpeg

The 1952 serial numbers were on the drop out. That's an early post war model, most likely a 47.

By '52, I think Schwinn was only using their own S-2 rims, those are drop center. But the Bendix hub would be a couple years newer! The welded on kick stand is definitely postwar, at least!

Looks like it is a 1947.
Need to decide if I want to completely go through this and make it beautiful or do a complete tuneup on it and move it along..,

Back