When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My "New" Western Flyer Strato Flyer

-

CURTIS L LINDGREN

I live for the CABE
Hello Everyone,
Got a Strato Flyer a little while back ( A Few Months Ago ) Got it shipped to me from Alabama. From the second owner . It was in his house for the last 25 or so years , and was VERY dusty and Dirty. I spent about a week completely disassembling it , then polishing up the chrome. ( Still have more to do on chrome ) put new tubes and tires , chain , Hub Caps and Speedometer on it . Front bezel was damaged in shipping , so I got a replacement from Shawn at Vintage Spokes. Single speed , middleweight and cool as Chit ! I have mostly balooners, but this bike is really a work of art. If any of ya have a rear light set up for this , I need one. I hope you enjoy the pic's. Ride Safe . Curt

DSCF1492.JPG

DSCF1506.JPG

DSCF1508.JPG

DSCF1509.JPG

DSCF1510.JPG

DSCF1512.JPG

DSCF1519.JPG

DSCF1504.JPG

DSCF1521.JPG

DSCF1500.JPG

DSCF1502.JPG

Last edited:
Very cool Curt. I've never seen that type of rear rack with "rat trap" before.

Very cool Curt. I've never seen that type of rear rack with "rat trap" before.
It looks to be a "Stock" item Rat Trap , has the little black rubber bumper stop. It can be lifted almost straight up. I have never seen a strato flyer other than mine ( except in pictures ) I thought the rat trap was cool when the bike came to me and it actually worked . just saw the ad ................how cool is that !

Back