When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Newest Purchase...1954 Starlet...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked this one up pretty local...15 minutes from my house last night. :)

I went to actually look at a few other bikes the guy had advertised, but when I got there I wasn't really interested in any of them. Kept telling myself to wait and see what else he had. Well, hidden behind a tall sleigh and a box I saw this peeking out. He told me it was for sale, that someone else had seen it but didn't want to pay the $275 he was asking for it because "it wasn't worth it". He told the guy that he had years ago paid $225 for it, and he could have it for that. Still "it wasn't worth it" came out of the guys mouth. So, when he offered it to me for $225, I had to say yes, of course... :p

And the Serial number...M16133.. dates it to August of 1954.

Anyway, enjoy the photos I took early this morning. I'm just wondering how bad the rot will be on the headlight, and who knows what condition the horn is in. :rolleyes:

IMG_1756.jpeg

IMG_1757.jpeg

IMG_1758.jpeg

IMG_1759.jpeg

IMG_1760.jpeg

IMG_1761.jpeg

IMG_1762.jpeg

IMG_1763.jpeg

IMG_1764.jpeg

IMG_1765.jpeg

IMG_1796.jpeg

IMG_1797.jpeg

IMG_1798.jpeg

IMG_1799.jpeg

For some reason it doesn't seem there were many step thru's painted red back in the day. I very seldom see them in any shade of red. Nice piece and it's a shame the light has been nearly destroyed.

@GTs58 @Rivnut The color, according to Schwinn, is called Holiday Rose. Even after a quick wipe down a little while ago it looks good. Should polish up nicely (I hope).

From what I can see, it's all original, right down to the tires. Looks like the Wald basket had been on for some time, which means I'll probably find batteries in the light, and I'm sure in the tank.

@GTs58 @Rivnut The color, according to Schwinn, is called Holiday Rose. Even after a quick wipe down a little while ago it looks good. Should polish up nicely (I hope).

From what I can see, it's all original, right down to the tires. Looks like the Wald basket had been on for some time, which means I'll probably find batteries in the light, and I'm sure in the tank.

The paint looks like a variation of the Opalescent Red, which is not listed on the catalog page for this model. Holiday Rose is the Pink.

Hmmm...I'm starting to see why then other guy didn't want it for even $225.

I broke one of my Cardinal Rules. Never go look at a bike at night. :rolleyes:

Acid apparently dripped onto the frame, yet the tank looks pretty solid. The headlight, on the other hand, is one of the worst I've had or even seen. I'm sure the guy had no idea anything was like this, so it's not his fault. I just need to pay more attention...In The Daylight! :(

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1815.jpeg

IMG_1816.jpeg

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1818.jpeg

Back