When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My original Indian Scout around 1954

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mikecuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
All original except the seat. I pulled the old torn up seat off and put it in a box. My bike rides so smooth and shifts great. It was on display at the AACA Museum in Hershey, Pa with the Indian Motorcycle display. My Scout was about 8 feet away from the oldest known Indian motorcycle on Mother Earth.

My Indian. (2).jpg

I was wondering if this very British looking Indian bicycle was a final throw of the dice from the tie-up between Royal Enfield/Brockhouse Engineering (makers of the Corgi, a kind of British 'Cushman') and Indian motorcycles.

I know Royal Enfield 350cc motorcycles were rebadged as Indians and sold in the USA, perhaps they did the same with some bicycles?
Just a thought, it certainly looks like your typical British bikes of the period.

These are British made. I'm not sure if its because of that, being a lightweight, or both that these just don't generate lot of collector interest the way the earlier bikes do. V/r Shawn

Back