When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My original Steffey (trying to learn how to post)

-
Steffey fork

I have never seen another one like it.Would love to hear if somebody knows anything

I have never seen another one like it.Would love to hear if somebody knows anything
Check MotoredBikes.com (03-06-2010)
Here's some images that were posted in that forum.
11spa93-1.jpg

35i61yx-1.jpg

2z656wj-1.jpg

It looks like the Steffey was a motor kit similar to the Shaw & later Whizzer kits. That may
explain the different bike frame designs from others who own a "Steffey motorcycle".
According to this article, some of the modern photos of "restored" Steffeys found in museums
are not accurate in that the rear sheaves are Whizzer which is way too small, it should be nearly
as big as the rear wheel rim.
Looking at your images, it appears you have an unmolested Steffey with the correct rear sheave.
The 2-stroke engines were from the 1920s. The 4-stroke from the 1900s.
In "the Automobile Review" April 15, 1903, page 146... there is a nice foto of a "factory"
delivered Steffey.

Take the advice that has been offered here... clean it up & leave it "as is". It is beautiful .

just my 2¢...:cool:

Last edited:
I sold it a couple of years ago.I sold it at the Davenport meet.It brought 15k.Wish that I still had it

Bumptime for this one. Mods, for ease of locating, this may be more appropriate for the motorized bicycle section.

Last edited:
Thanks for bumping, Brother Brant. That is cool. However, when looking at the pics, a voice in my head kept saying "Keep your legs away from the exhaust pipe! Keep your legs away from the engine chain!"

Back