When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Schwinn Stingray Coaster Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DC Bike Blogger

On Training Wheels
Photos of my first bikes on my blog: https://dcbikeblogger.wordpress.com/my-bikes/my-first-bike/

The very first bike I ever owned was a green Schwinn Stingray coaster bike with a sparkly green vinyl banana seat, V-shaped handle bars with green plastic grips, a sissy bar, chrome fenders and black tires. It was the late 1960’s, and I’m guessing that I was probably about six or seven years old. My parents bought it for me. And it’s the one on which I learn to ride a bike.

After I learned to ride a bike I remember riding it constantly. I would ride on the sidewalks and the streets. I would ride through yards. I would jump curbs and do wheelies. I would ride really fast and then slam on the breaks to see how long of a skid mark I could make. And when I would go out to play with my friends, I would find them by riding around the neighborhood looking for the house with all the bikes in the yard.

I don’t know whatever happened to that bike just like I don’t know what happened to my baseball cards, toys, and favorite T-shirt from when I was growing up. I assume my parent got rid of it or just threw it away at some point. I sure wish I still had it though. In mint condition it might be worth as much as all my other bikes combined.

My first stingray was a violet '65 with a Slik tire....when that got stolen I bought another violet one in '67 just like it. When that one got stolen too, I walked until I got my drivers license soon thereafter

Back