When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My SEARS Spyder

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mikecuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
It was long gone and a buddy said to me there is one at local auction. Game on! It's coming home with me. We did it!!! My parents bought me one off the local SEARS sales floor in 1965.

IMG_7732.JPG

My frame needs cleaned up to get the rust off of it. Suggestions??? I tore the bike apart last evening.

DSCN6341.JPG

Evaporust works well but you'd need a lot of it and a big container to do a frame. AMF chrome is hard to clean up in my experience. It was crummy chrome compared to Schwinn then they clear coated it. Steel wool will just scratch the clear coat. Hopefully someone else can chime in here with some tips for this.

try rubbing with aluminum foil and a little water in an inconspicuous place at first to see how it works. If you need a little more removal power try toothpaste, and then rubbing compound for a little more.

Maybe try my go to, Turtle Wax's chrome polish and rust remover. I've used it on Schwinn paint and it doesn't harm the paint. Clear coats back in the day were crap and most likely a lacquer base product so be cautious.

try rubbing with aluminum foil and a little water in an inconspicuous place at first to see how it works. If you need a little more removal power try toothpaste, and then rubbing compound for a little more.
I bought foil. I'm going to try it,.

Back