When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My semi-restored Elgin :)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bicycle Belle

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I don't know quite how to classify my Elgin. She's not a true resto nor is she a true custom. I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. All her parts are original Elgin parts with the exception of the rims, tires and grips. I modified the rims to work with a skiptooth sprocket.
She's nearly done and I thought I'd post a few photos of her progress!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks to all the members here and on RRB who sold me the parts I needed. I started with just the frame and went from there.

Great pin striping it really adds the finishing touch and detail!
You should paint the light the same color as the fender then pin stripe the edges.

Over all it looks amazing, doesn't make you feel good all over when you stare at it every time you walk by it......

Is that the bathroom door off in the distance. If so, you could ride your bike to the bathroom (but I'm sure you already know that).

Thank you all for the nice words. I thought about painting the light red actually but I cannot paint that particular one. It is actually a NOS front load complete with box and it wasn't cheap. So it will stay as is. I do however have another front load in used condition I wouldn't mind painting.
Boris...the door i the distance is the garage door and you go through the pantry to get to it. I have ridden a bike in that room and it was nearly a disaster. Of course it was a bike with 28" and this one is only 26" so maybe I'll give it another shot!

Back