My spiritual twin to Nick's rustastic Colson

• Regarding bumping ads in the classifed forums, we've just installed a new (customized) add-on that will change the way ads are bumped to the top. Please refer to the post "Bumping Classifed Ads" for details.
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 26, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
I bought this last year from Joel, who dragged it to MLC for me. It was a bit of a mess but she spoke to me (has anybody else experienced this phenomena?).

I traded for a prewar wedge light, put a lot of love, lots of straightening, and even justified mounting my newly acquired Firestone High Speeds on it.

Here's my Bullnose as she arrived in my hands:

A9TOfls-1.jpg

Finally last week, the bike stand didn't have anything on it and she was in the way, so upsedaisy. Had a window potter that's the perfect size for a fork, so I dipped it in oxalic acid to humor myself and walked past 45 minutes later to see powder blue. Bought a kiddie pool and a new tub of oxalic and went to town. Rinsing thoroughly afterwards, then coating with WD-40 to wick the water off. Typically I wouldn't feel comfortable dipping a whole frame, but the Colson joints only leave one tube which passes through, the seat tube, which is the easiest one to ensure is dry.

Anyway.. here's my test results. I'm quite happy with it:

MRTqedf-1.jpg

M8TZ44k-1.jpg

q6mtwOm-1.jpg

KYcIFeM-1.jpg

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
came out good.... just don't put wax on it....

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
Jul 21, 2011
Mpls, MN
Yes!

She would make quite the prom date for Mr. Crusty Clipper (who needs another dip in a rust bath himself!)

Nice job! kiddie pool....clever.

Darcie

clipper.jpg

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Dec 28, 2012
Ol' st. Lou
Great look!

Nice job. All natural, the way god intended.

jkent

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 3, 2012
Toney, Alabama
LOOOOOOVE the patina look of that bike!
JKent

rustjunkie

Staff member
Jul 11, 2012
Monrovia, CA 91016
www.rustjunkies.com
Really great job. With bikes like this I'm always torn: can't decide which I like better, the before or the after.
Not saying I don't like the after on your Colson, I just like 'em both! :D

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

jpromo

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 26, 2011
Plymouth, Michigan
Really great job. With bikes like this I'm always torn: can't decide which I like better, the before or the after.
Not saying I don't like the after on your Colson, I just like 'em both! :D
Don't get me wrong--I do love rust. I have a handful that will remain in their rusty state because they're awesome, or the paint just isn't there. But if I know I can get some color back, by golly, I'm gonna do it :cool:

cyclonecoaster.com

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
May 8, 2008
SoCal, United States
www.cyclonecoaster.com
Appears to be the mate to my Colson Firestone Bullnose

I bought this last year from Joel, who dragged it to MLC for me. It was a bit of a mess but she spoke to me (has anybody else experienced this phenomena?).

I traded for a prewar wedge light, put a lot of love, lots of straightening, and even justified mounting my newly acquired Firestone High Speeds on it.

Here's my Bullnose as she arrived in my hands:

A9TOfls-1.jpg
Here is what I ride along the beach .... Frank

Kscheel

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 17, 2012
SE Michigan
Very cool! Great save on that one. For me that is really what it is all about. Shiny new paint and bright chrome are nice, but these bikes are only original once. Bikes like that are a time capsule and a guide for future bike collectors and enthusiasts on what was really original. :cool:

This ad goes away when you register for an account!