When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My spiritual twin to Nick's rustastic Colson

-
Really great job. With bikes like this I'm always torn: can't decide which I like better, the before or the after.
Not saying I don't like the after on your Colson, I just like 'em both! :D

Don't get me wrong--I do love rust. I have a handful that will remain in their rusty state because they're awesome, or the paint just isn't there. But if I know I can get some color back, by golly, I'm gonna do it :cool:

Appears to be the mate to my Colson Firestone Bullnose

I bought this last year from Joel, who dragged it to MLC for me. It was a bit of a mess but she spoke to me (has anybody else experienced this phenomena?).

I traded for a prewar wedge light, put a lot of love, lots of straightening, and even justified mounting my newly acquired Firestone High Speeds on it.

Here's my Bullnose as she arrived in my hands:

A9TOfls-1.jpg

Here is what I ride along the beach .... Frank

attachment.php

Very cool! Great save on that one. For me that is really what it is all about. Shiny new paint and bright chrome are nice, but these bikes are only original once. Bikes like that are a time capsule and a guide for future bike collectors and enthusiasts on what was really original. :cool:

Back