When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Spyder bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Martian

On Training Wheels
Spring of 1967 my dad bought me a Sears Spyder Bike by Murray, 20" single speed with the purple seat. I was all grooviness riding it every where until the winter of 1968 when I took it apart for paint. Setting my sites on an engine driven anything I forgot about it. The summer of 2009 while cleaning out dads garage, for the last time my brother called me to the attic. Much to my surprise there was my Spyder bike, Still in pieces and the rattle can of candy apple purple from 1968. Loading it up with the other stuff from dads garage I could not live without I headed back to Tx. Some 45 years later I finished the project that dad had so caringly saved for me, I only wish he could seen my face light up when we stumbled across it...probably the same as in 1967. Bad photo and the seat did not like being stored all those years but the rattle can from 68 still blew out all the paint. I could not find the oem front sprocket or the internal expansion brake parts, I would like to know where to get those.
IMG_0779.JPG

Great story!! You should have no problem finding needed parts. If you post a pic of the hub, someone will surely hook you up with what you need to be ripping around the neighborhood again! Welcome to the Cabe!

Back