When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My uncle's flightliner

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I won this at my great aunt's estate auction a few weeks back and have finally gotten it back together. It has the red band kickback on it which still seems a bit tight after I rebuilt it, so some tinkering down the road will be required. I left this bike exactly as my uncle left it 50 years ago (hence the "wrong" parts).

Before
IMG_1316_zpscc708ac7-1.jpg

After
IMG_1366_zpsc6a176e4-1.jpg

IMG_1367_zps2d594a58-1.jpg

IMG_1368_zpsd3e4c5ac-1.jpg

What parts are wrong, other than the Schwinn Approved/ Union made bow pedals? Actually, that is a better quality made period correct pedal than the original Wald made jeweled bows this bike originally had.

I do not think it will be very hard to find a replacement lens and light/battery assembly for the tank, though. Very nice Higgins!

Jim.

What parts are wrong, other than the Schwinn Approved/ Union made bow pedals? Actually, that is a better quality made period correct pedal than the original Wald made jeweled bows this bike originally had.

I do not think it will be very hard to find a replacement lens and light/battery assembly for the tank, though. Very nice Higgins!

Jim.

The pedals as you mentioned are wrong (but I do like them a lot more than what is right), the grips are wrong (Western Flyer stamped), and I think the seat might be wrong too. I thought it was supposed to have the black seat like I see on others. The tank still has the horn inside, just no light/lense (perhaps to make the bike look more like the indy car racers?)

The pedals as you mentioned are wrong (but I do like them a lot more than what is right), the grips are wrong (Western Flyer stamped), and I think the seat might be wrong too. I thought it was supposed to have the black seat like I see on others. The tank still has the horn inside, just no light/lense (perhaps to make the bike look more like the indy car racers?)

I have for sale a set of the original black grips for this Flightliner, if interested send me PM. Monarky:cool:

Hopefully those tank guts will be easier to find since I HOPE to be reproducing them soon, I haven't had much time to work on the Spaceliner parts. It's awesome that you have the family connection and history to go with this!

Back