When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My what am I bike.

-

Shawn Michael

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hi, I did some trading with a good friend of mine last week. I traded a tank for a couple of bikes. I liked the potential of this pre war boys bike, but don't know what it is or what the missing parts might look like. The seat tube doesn't have a collar or a split on the back. Someone put in a Schwinn post as a place holder. It has a nice Jiffy kickstand and once had some truss rods on it. The badge is missing too, but has two horizontal holes for one. The serial number is on the bottom bracket and reads E60800 or E6080Q.
Thanks for any help friends,
Shawn M.

Somethin' like a V200 or hawthorne speedline ?
1596010315939.png

1596010329135.png

I was thinking hawthorne speedline. Missed out one a few hours away from me for less than 350...ouch. It was complete too

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Later 1930’s, Excelsior Michigan City plant.
1936-E was one year only.

One might start with either the odd frame or the odd tank, in order to re-build the classic bike.
Starting with the frame at least allows for a “minimally viable product” (new buzzword, intended to impress); a rider.

A gentle refurbishment may be in order, perhaps until such time, as a tank might be acquired, or an owner of such tank shows interest for the bike.

Last edited:
Back