When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My what am I bike.

-
Great Frame !

Yes, the 5/8" post, one-year only collet-style Snyder 1936 seatpost binder design..abandoned quickly. I believe it also appeared early in the 1900's also on other bike makers of slightly different designs. Your frame is very strange though as the top tube cluster-f is different than the bikes shown above..

Last edited:
Would the seat post have been the type with a tightening bolt at the top or would there be a bolt on collar?
If the seat post works, for now, one might either be patient, or post a wanted ad, for the original type collet arrangement. I luckily got mine that happened to come with an old saddle seat and post offered for sale.

The rear axle stays to seat tube collet being bent @ center around the seat tube look like collets seen on late 30s early 40s Monark skirts; but, the Monark axle stays curve, going down... yours are straight down; and, the drop-out is different. Monark employed that same collet to attach 4 and 5 bars to the head tube, as well. Your fork has a triple layer crown; Monark's were double layer spaced wider. The Monark used a seat tube shim and a 5/8" stem that anchored with a long bolt and wedge similar to a handlebar stem; Shelby and maybe some others did, too. Your present seat post stem is not the type you asked about.??? Don't think you have a Monark; just sayin' where I've seen that collet.

Back