When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My what am I bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Great Frame !

Yes, the 5/8" post, one-year only collet-style Snyder 1936 seatpost binder design..abandoned quickly. I believe it also appeared early in the 1900's also on other bike makers of slightly different designs. Your frame is very strange though as the top tube cluster-f is different than the bikes shown above..

Last edited:
Would the seat post have been the type with a tightening bolt at the top or would there be a bolt on collar?
If the seat post works, for now, one might either be patient, or post a wanted ad, for the original type collet arrangement. I luckily got mine that happened to come with an old saddle seat and post offered for sale.

The rear axle stays to seat tube collet being bent @ center around the seat tube look like collets seen on late 30s early 40s Monark skirts; but, the Monark axle stays curve, going down... yours are straight down; and, the drop-out is different. Monark employed that same collet to attach 4 and 5 bars to the head tube, as well. Your fork has a triple layer crown; Monark's were double layer spaced wider. The Monark used a seat tube shim and a 5/8" stem that anchored with a long bolt and wedge similar to a handlebar stem; Shelby and maybe some others did, too. Your present seat post stem is not the type you asked about.??? Don't think you have a Monark; just sayin' where I've seen that collet.

Back