When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My wife challenged me, and said I couldn't make this Elgin look better in one day.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
When I see the bikes here on the Cabe believe me I'm no restoration artist, just to old and lazy to do it right. If a bike is OG paint etc. I think it is a sin to mess with it but if someone has already took the OG from it. It can only go up from there. Everything I do I'm dragging an oxygen tank around with a hose in my nose. That's why I don't build racecars anymore but I can tinker with old bikes.I have an old Excelsior I would never mess with, I'm even afraid to cut off the 28in. rock hard tires. Those his and her Elgins are nice just the way I like to see em.

View attachment 1458467

View attachment 1458468

View attachment 1458469

View attachment 1458470

View attachment 1458471

View attachment 1458472

View attachment 1458473
I have a gun like that to shoot rats in the city dump, if I can find a time machine

I have an Elgin twin bar I'm thinking about doing the same thing to. I think it's been repainted 3 or 4 times (the frame and rack). I should take more than 1 day if I do it. Take a look at the pics and chime in should I do it or leave it alone.

View attachment 1458416

View attachment 1458417

View attachment 1458418

View attachment 1458419

View attachment 1458420
The wifee's bike turned out NEATO!!! THE Twinn bar i would leave as is unless you can't stand the 4 COATS paint job.. Good JOB OLD MAN.... Still can't believe it's the same bike.. RideON... Razin..

Last edited:
When I see the bikes here on the Cabe believe me I'm no restoration artist, just to old and lazy to do it right. If a bike is OG paint etc. I think it is a sin to mess with it but if someone has already took the OG from it. It can only go up from there. Everything I do I'm dragging an oxygen tank around with a hose in my nose. That's why I don't build racecars anymore but I can tinker with old bikes.I have an old Excelsior I would never mess with, I'm even afraid to cut off the 28in. rock hard tires. Those his and her Elgins are nice just the way I like to see em.

View attachment 1458467

View attachment 1458468

View attachment 1458469

View attachment 1458470

View attachment 1458471

View attachment 1458472

View attachment 1458473
A guy could always replace the wheeels and tires with later hoops and rubbers so at least you could ride and enjoy this sweet old ride. GET ER DONE!!! RideOn.. Razin..

Is the Fury a III or a VIP? My mom had a 1968 fury III two door coupe black over turquoise black guts with a 318 and 727 Torque Flight. Really nice car until my brother got it and blew up the tranny doin smokey burn outs. Good stuff MAN...

In my experience, my wife sometimes will fake "challenge" me by poking my pride because she knows it will make me do it when normally i would take a month to mess with it. Women sometimes come up with sneaky ways of making men do things....Lol

"bet ya cant....." Lol

It is a 67 sport fury conv. my wife has had for 39 years. She bought it 2 years before we got married, I had a 68 hemi road runner.

20210129_130810.jpg

20201229_113950.jpg

20210313_125055.jpg

20210314_105149.jpg

20201229_194949.jpg

Back