When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery bike, Crown, Reading Standard?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Machine Age Victim

Finally riding a big boys bike
Trying to ID this bike, the frame is quite unique but what's left of the logo doesn't seem to match Crown or Reading Standard that used similar designs.

20220522_112051.jpg

20220522_112130.jpg

20220522_112100.jpg

20220522_112113.jpg

20220522_110041.jpg

20220522_110105.jpg

20220522_114209.jpg

I would lean toward Reading Cycle Mfg. from Pennsylvania. The badge shadow shows an “R” letter used on Reading Standard bicycles by both RCM and GWM; (later on Roamer bicycles by DP Harris).
The decal looks to maybe read “STANDARD”.

The square drive sprocket looks peculiar or not common to GWM, as does the un-notched bottom bracket.
Emblem Angola NY had a similar chain ring sprocket; but I would not read too much into that, as most (if not all) of Emblem’s sprocket patterns looked like somebody else’s.

William Remppis of Reading had circle and curved tube frames as US Design Patents, (e.g., USD 45,961), in 1913-14; about the same time as EJ Lonn of GWM. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/old-bike-needing-info-value.167065/#post-1131183

Last edited:
Last edited:
I would lean toward Reading Cycle Mfg. from Pennsylvania. The badge shadow shows an “R” letter used on Reading Standard bicycles by RCM and GWM, (and later on Roamer bicycles by DP Harris).
The decal looks to maybe read “STANDARD”.

The square drive sprocket looks peculiar or not common to GWM, as does the un-notched bottom bracket.
Emblem Angola NY had a similar chain ring sprocket; but I would not read too much into that, as most (if not all) of Emblem’s sprocket patterns looked like somebody else’s.

William Remppis of Reading had circle and curved tube frames as US Design Patents, (e.g., USD 45,961), in 1913-14; about the same time as EJ Lonn of GWM. https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/old-bike-needing-info-value.167065/#post-1131183
That would be it, thank you!

Back