When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Bike with Dimpled Fenders

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

Buster1

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I have no pics. But while on a recent trip walking around town, I spotted a really cool lightweight or possibly middleweight bike with dimpled stainless fenders. It might have been newer, but looked vintage.

Not a Schwinn, I don't know what it was. I went back later to investigate and it was gone. I'm not sure if it was a coaster, but I believe it had hand brakes.

Any ideas? I really liked the looks of this bike.

The only bikes I am aware of that used stainless fenders were Schwinn Corvettes and for a couple of years after WW2 some Schwinn lightweights. Are you sure the fenders were not just chromed. Roger

Thanks guys. They may have been chrome, hard to say. Andrew, they look just like the hammered fenders in the link!

Ford, I am going to go look up that French bike.

there were several

French Mfgs of dimpled, usually aluminum, fenders. Aluminum is soft and stainless is very hard and work hardens causing cracking in forming something like dimples- would love to see a set in stainless

All the ones in the link above are aluminum or stainless.

After look at the Le Chemineau and others, I believe this bike was a newer lightweight, that someone had put hammered/dimpled fenders on. It still looked really cool.

Thanks again for the leads guys!

Last edited:
Back