Mystery bike

This ad disappears when logged in

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 3, 2013
Tuxedo Park, United States
Picked this up at Trexlertown yesterday, thought that the frame was a little unique. Showed it to a couple of very knowledgeable people there & they had no clue. What I do know, it has blackout hubs, Schwinn tires & maybe rims. One Schwinn peddle, Westfield chainring? Stainless front fender. Any opinions or input would be appreciated.

DSCN1535.JPG

DSCN1561.JPG

fullsizeoutput_af3.jpeg

DSCN1566.JPG

DSCN1567.JPG

DSCN1568.JPG

Krakatoa

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 12, 2016
Warren, RI, United States
Agreed with Catfish. The clue to the tall frame is the small curved extra tube from steering tube to lower tube.

Fork looks very similar to those I've seen on Murray bikes.

Look like the first letter of the serial is maybe an B? Look for an overcode above that with a letter and number and maybe we can figure out the year.

Last edited:

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 3, 2013
Thanks for all the great info. guys. Good eye Nate (krakatoa), next time I'm gonna hunt for some sandpaper rather than just use a rusty screwdriver to bring up the serial #.

DSCN1574.JPG

tryder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
May 12, 2014
San Anselmo, CA
Agreed with Catfish. The clue to the tall frame is the small curved extra tube from steering tube to lower tube.

Look like the first letter of the serial is maybe an B? Look for an overcode above that with a letter and number and maybe we can figure out the year.
I have '36, '37 and a '41 Westfield tall frame bicycles. All have tanks. The '36 and '37 are locking tanks. The '41 does not have the curved tube from the steering tube to lower tube.

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 3, 2013

Found the overcode, sometimes I'm a little slow, D1, thanks again Nate

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture