When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Mystery frame for sale REDUCED

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$425 plus shipping
Zipcode

chughes1

Finally riding a big boys bike
A few weeks ago I posted that I was looking for any information on my "mystery frame" The info I received that the frame is most likely a Reading Standard or a Reading Crown. Since there is no badge, I guess it will remain a mystery. The obvious things I do know are that it has a beautifully curved seat tube ( 19 3/4" ) from c to t. It also sports a beautiful curved brace from the top tube to the down tube. The tubes are a little wider than 3/4'. Looking in the BB shell it seems to have reinforced interior tubing ( one person suggested it is built like an early motorcycle, again maybe another Reading connection). The BB threads are recessed in, again suggesting an early frame. The lugs are early and very plain. On the BB shell there s a number H 22055. I have no idea what that refers to however one expert ventured a guess that it might be a very early Hetchins ( I discount that idea because I believe it's American due to the circumference of the tubing). On one of the track drop outs there is one lonely letter "Y". I have no idea what that means
The front fork is plain and may or may not be original, The headset is modern and only keeps the frame and fork together. The rear brake brace has never been drilled for a brake and the it sports track dropouts.
I've never sold anything before, without exactly knowing what it is. This is a mystery but I know that the era is too early for me so I'd like to pass it on to someone who would like to research it further and to restore it. If you need more photos just PM me and I'll be happy to send more. I 'm looking for the best offer around $525 plus shipping. Chuck Hughes Wstwood Ma

DSCN2773.JPG

DSCN2774.JPG

DSCN2766.JPG

DSCN2763.JPG

DSCN2760.JPG

Last edited:
Back