When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery head badge?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello folks. Anyone know anything about this badge? Thanks, Barry
Dynamax.jpg

Barney,
Try searching under Motobecane...Dynamax was the name they used in Canada...Motobecane was prevented from marketing their bikes under their name in Canada. So Motobecane rebadged their bikes in order to enter the Canadian market.
Thank you sir, Barry

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

-----

Motobecane owned several other badges as well.

Some of these include Orly, Astra & Motoconfort.

The four constitute badges actually owned by the manufacturer.

They also did a fair amount of contract work which was produced wearing house brands, such as the machines made for Sears @ Roebuck in the U.S. market.

[I appreciate that Sears bicycles came from numerous makers. MB is only one of these.]

-----

Last edited:
-----

Motobecane owned several other badges as well.

Some of these include Orly, Astra & Motoconfort.

The four constitute badges actually owned by the manufacturer.

They also did a fair amount of contract work which was produced wearing house brands, such as the machines made for Sears @ Roebuck in the U.S. market.

[I appreciate that Sears bicycles came from numerous makers. MB is only one of these.]

-----
Thank you very much for the information

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

I went and looked at the ten speeds they made, and found a different Dynamax badge/sticker. Mine must be from a lot earlier bicycle than the ones I found.
Dynamax.jpg

Dynamax Tour De France
c6d7dfc667dcec4958c9e66d8e5b1eb1--motobecane-french.jpg

Dynamax Tour De France.jpg

Last edited:
-----

This new head emblem you have posted is the more commonly seen one.

Agree that your original photo is likely of an earlier design.

One thing to look out for on the late 1960's - early 1970's bikes is the fork crown cap with the Motobecane winged M design. These frames are interesting for their combination of lugged heads with lugless seat and shell.

In the U.S. bikes like the green one posted immediately above were also badged for Sears. Most commonly they had a dark green lacquer finish when in Sears livery.

Keep in mind that the shells on these are Swiss threaded.

-----

-----

This new head emblem you have posted is the more commonly seen one.

Agree that your original photo is likely of an earlier design.

One thing to look out for on the late 1960's - early 1970's bikes is the fork crown cap with the Motobecane winged M design. These frames are interesting for their combination of lugged heads with lugless seat and shell.

In the U.S. bikes like the green one posted immediately above were also badged for Sears. Most commonly they had a dark green lacquer finish when in Sears livery.

Keep in mind that the shells on these are Swiss threaded.

-----
Thank you very much, Barry

Back