When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Rack, do you know what it's for?

-

BWbiker

Wore out three sets of tires already!
If anyone knows what bike this rack is for please fill me in!
Thank you, BW:eek:

Attachments

• mysteryrack 003-edit.jpg
    mysteryrack 003-edit.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 58
your rack was made by MacCauley anjudging by the leftover remnants of the spring holders, I would say it was an aftermarket version though MacCauley made racks for several bike manufacturers. I have a NOS rack like yours on one of my bikes, I'll take a photo of it and post it.
Scott:cool:

Mystery rack...

Thanks Scott, I take it not an OEM type rack for any make. BW

not oem on anything that I know of. here is one of the few photos of it I have which doesn't really show the rack, but also here are a couple photos of the hang tab.
IMG_0263.gif

carriera.gif

Scott:cool:

Ok, I went out and took a few photos, but first, if you were to nominate this bike for best bike on the cabe you would probably have some of the guys with really expensive bikes after you! that being said, this bike is in the 2009 RatRod Bikes calendar which can be found here:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12596
now for the photos.
the first two are the one like yours, the second two are of the one that is correct on my 1937 Dayton Super Streamliner. both are made by MacCauley and are basically the same except for the springs and the extra leg supports. I am guessing the first one is from the '50's somewhere.
p1010976.gif

p1010977.gif

p1010979.gif

p1010980.gif

Scott

Mystery Rack

Thanks for all the replies! Great information and pic's! I appreciate it. BW

Back