When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Identified Edited to reflect, Perry model B-500. Mystery(to me) Rear Hub!??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pictures kind of look like Perry B-500 (English)?
(page 167)
Ding ding ding
I believe you are correct sir!

I had intended to go through my Perry hubs last night and maybe find some internals to measure, but got busy organizing some other things. I was hoping to confirm an Inside Diameter, but these Perry B-100 hubs are all I have and they are that much larger with a completely parallel bore(no taper for driver/clutch) and completely different drive mechanism. The good thing though, is that the fonts match from one of the B-100s on the "36-13" with no other stamps on the shell. That and the service catalog picture of the internals seal it for me.

PXL_20240228_162904097.jpg
PXL_20240228_163015701.jpg

Just to add...
PXL_20240228_163147082.jpg
I know I mentioned comparing to the CCM hub(lower) and it's still a bit larger than this B-500(ex mystery in the middle). The Centrix hub(upper) however, is identical in terms of internal dimensions. Unfortunately, I robbed its internals to get another bike down the road. The Perry is English, where the Centrix is German though, so not sure how coincidental that is.

Besides size, one of the key differences between the hub models, say B-100 and B-500, is that the earlier hubs had roller bearings for the clutch action, and the later smaller hubs had the familiar acme worm-gear drivers. The Perry may be easier to discern in pictures because of the asymmetrical hub shell.

There are threads about the history, pros and cons of the foreign designs; (Perry, F&S, Sachs, Komet, etc.).

I have 4 armless coaster brakes that don’t work. I tried to make a working one out of all of them. Two were the same brand. The internal designs were all the same but nothing was interchangeable. Different size races and everything else. I finally got one to work, laced it to a Stuzman wood wheel and use it on an old 1900 fixed gear bike. It looks like it’s sill a fixed gear but is much safer to ride on the bike path.

IMG_2715.jpeg

Here it is, before the armless coaster brake.
IMG_2171.jpeg

Back