When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mystery Track Frame

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

nycet3

Wore out three sets of tires already!
i have been trying to ID this frame for about two years. Driving me nuts. Picked it up in Toronto.
I've done all sorts of searches on the serial number. Nothing. Thought I saw the same frame on a British webpage, but the link went dead.

Any help identifying this would be greatly alleviate my mental suffering. Considering repairing/building. Would be good to know what it is.

Thanks a lot,
Joe
IMG_3198.JPG
IMG_3199.JPG
IMG_3200.JPG
IMG_3201.JPG
IMG_3202.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG
IMG_3204.JPG
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG
IMG_3207.JPG
IMG_3208.JPG
IMG_3210.JPG
IMG_3211.JPG
IMG_3212.JPG
IMG_3213.JPG

-----

Thanks very much for sharing this interesting mystery with the forum.

Agree it looks British.

Did it come to you without a fork?

Not sure intended application "track."

-----

The bottom bracket thread should tell you something if you match up both sides- personally I think it looks sorta German or Slavic. Wouldn't be surprised if it has swiss threads either.

Not a track frame as it's drilled for fenders. More likely a path racer. Fishmouth lugs would indicate it to be 30s (I think that's when this was started)

Thanks for the replies.

The frame came to me without forks.

With regards to the bottom bracket, I was able to thread Raleigh cups. That's what led me to believe British, but could easily be wrong. Not sure if bb filler cap lends any clues.

Not a track frame as it's drilled for fenders. More likely a path racer. Fishmouth lugs would indicate it to be 30s (I think that's when this was started)

Sorry, but I'm not seeing where the frame is drilled for fenders.

Back