When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Naked eye

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Deebo

Look Ma, No Hands!
What is the difference between these vintage cruiser Schwinns? Someone tell me how to tell them apart. The only thing I see different is the fastback frame doesn't have the 2 middle bars, some even have the same identical chain guard with different decals. Can one know the model by looking up the serial number? Sorry but yes I am a noob. Thanks.

Previous owner eliminated the kick stand.
IMG_20190315_214812.jpg

That's a post war cantilever frame but I can't tell what size frame it is. That's all that can be said just by looking at it. The serial number will only give you a close idea of when the frame was built. Schwinn made many different types of frames over the years. Have you seen Tom Findley's catalog scans?
http://www.trfindley.com/pg_schwinn_cats.htm

What is the difference between this 78 blue spitfire and this 74 yellow heavy duti? Frame wise.
?hash=eef28a6d21ae5237eb84fdab96c26a77.jpg
DSCF0917.JPG

blubk2.jpg

Last edited:
Rusty Klunker it's a 1980. It was yellow underneath the crackhead paint job. So i'm assuming it is a heavy duti.

The Heavy Duti is a middleweight cantilever frame and the Spitfire is the same other than the seat stays and chain stays being spread a little wider at the seat post and bottom bracket for the wider balloon tires. Never measured the width of the fork on the Spitfires, but I assume they are a bit wider also.

Back