When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Narrow tread Racycle Special - info please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ricker

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a narrow tread Racycle special that I would like to find more about. I am not sure what year it is exactly. It is missing its headbadge and front fork/headset. The fork in it is not correct- I put it there to start to assemble a complete bike. The rear wheel has some awesome spokes that are square in shape that twist as they wind up for tension. Really hard to capture a photo of. I would love to find a matching front wheel for this (also a correct headbadge)! The seat binder area is also interesting- it has an expander but there is a hole that may have had a bolt that would tighten against the seat post. The coaster looks like a Canfield, around 1900? - Any info is greatly appreciated!
mystery Racycle 01.jpg
Racycle drivetrain.JPG
Racycle headtube.JPG
IMG_8305.JPG
IMG_8115.JPG
IMG_8120.JPG

Hi Shawn,
I hadn't either so I bought it. Turns out that this is the short wheel based narrow tread racycle. The frame is really nicely made. I have found images of another that sold through copake a few years ago but not with this drilled out chainring, otherwise it looks to be the same. I am not sure if this one is older or newer. The headbadge is of course different and therefore hard to find - still would be nice to add to this frame/drivetrain.

Back