When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Neat old Simmons! Any idea of the year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unless this model is 1923? I've always been under the impression that the Simmons model numbers correlated to calendar years as well.
We have seen Laclede badges with a 2300 series model number, but thought to be much earlier than 1923?
Or maybe Snyder Lacledes were different than Simmons Lacledes, yet named after the founder of St. Louis Mo., (where Simmons was headquartered).

Those early badge numbers often ending in zeros “0” — by coincidence?

Last edited:
Here’s a 20” juvenile Laclede I have that’s a Model 2570, but I have zero clue as to when it’s from…

IMG_8088.jpeg

1698248778812.jpeg

This old post of mine may shed some light

@cabbage69 I enhanced your shot just a little bit and added some sharpening to almost pixelate it a bit. I’m thinking it says 310. The first black line in front of the three has too many digital artifacts compared to the “1” in 310. The artifacts behind the 1 are straight and uniform, making it seem like an outline of a number. I think the first black line is residual paint that wasn’t cleaned off. I also don’t see any highlights near that first black line, but I see highlights on all the other numbers.

Also, you should pick this up and send it home to Saint Louis. Happy to hang onto it for you. 😊

All joking aside, it’s a beautiful survivor. I hope you end up with it.

B6BAEF44-2CEF-4D99-B723-5A237BD36127.jpeg

I kind of hate to add this because I don't think IA will "improve/save" the world (it will only give us more work just as all other softwares) but AI can read and differentiate the different layers- I am not going to register or use "free" software for this-just say'in. (as the kids say to get away from responsibility). Join an AI image reader and it may give you more than you ever imagined. It will read the different layers of that stamp

Rick

DP Harris seems to be a jobber for Simmons as per the sprocket. At first I was suspect of the cranksets' originality, but after seeing the Advertisements, very possible. Maybe some hack mechanic fixed or modified the BB during its' tenure.
1698336026943.png

Back