When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a date on this ‘64 Opal

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The early Solo Polo square back strut.

All of 1963 and into May of ‘64 the strut was Not crimped and required extra long Q-bolts.
May / June of ‘64 the strut had a long crimp as seen in the above photos.
Very late in ‘64 and all of the packaged struts had a short crimp.

So, this is why I think the Opal Violet Deluxe with the front chrome carrier on this initial thread is somewhere in the June - August time frame.

View attachment 1623320

View attachment 1623321
Thanks again, I had my large/small crimp timeline flip flopped - also updated

I like the light positioned on Captain And The Boys. You never know when a hungry neighborhood dog gets close enough to chomp them.
Bought my rack at the Schwinn shop, think it was $2.98 ( or was that the price of the fenders? ), looks the same but thinking it was steel, aluminum has fatter tubes, don't have the rack anymore but have the main thing besides books that I carried in it, my Law Man lunch box!, sorry for hijacking the thread!View attachment 1615229

View attachment 1615231

Chris
Absolutely no offense taken, in fact, thank you!

I've found that you are the single most knowledgeable person in the Stingray hobby, bar none. You not only have the facts, but the goods to prove it and openly share your knowledge along with great photos. I have updated my own internal compendium with this info and have built quite a bit of it from your posts here (all of which I have read now).

The FB Stingray pages I am more active on do have some very knowledgeable guys, that is where I got the March date, but again, I'm updating it now.

Thanks again for the ongoing education, it is really greatly appreciated! I am learning daily about these bikes and enjoy my collection immensely.
Mr. Indy,

Thank you for always being gracious on my threads, I appreciate that!

I’m not sure I am the most knowledgeable in the Stingray hobby, but I take great pride in what I have been able to learn on my own research and from the old timers from years ago.

I have always been a follower of anything OEM (as built factory correct), 60’s Muscle cars and early Schwinn Stingray Survivors are my passion.

Regards, Chris.

B0F69B3E-50DF-41AB-ABA0-9E0AFC34ECBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Back